SAN CARLOS, California, (July 23, 2003)’Aechelon Technology, Inc. announced today that has released version 2.0 of its pC-NOVATM image generation system, with immediate availability.
Delivered on a purely commodity PC platform, pC-NOVA (v2.0) provides professional level genlock and framelock, a simplified architecture afforded by increases in CPU and graphics performance, and extensive additions to the already rich pC-NOVA feature set.
The feature set of pC-NOVA (v2.0) includes:
- hw genlock/framelock support.
- fully compliant CIGI 2.0 ICD support.
- direct PSI database import.
- fully compliant AFRL NVTS sensor host 2.0 support
- multi-layered terrain detail texturing.
- fragment shader-based 3d sea model.
- generic symbology overlay rendering engine
- realistic dynamics model for sea targets
- radar altimeter simulation mode
- host-controlled SSE2 animated character engine (LSEs, SAR, Dismounted Infantry)
- up to 4 simultaneous steerable search lights.
- full KC135 refueling support including host controlled boom and director lights
- smoke markers
- raster mask based automated feature planting.
- vector based road imagery insertion
- vector based power line generation.
- vector based tree canopy modeling.
- integration with Carbon Graphics GEO.
- low overhead ICD spy gui with data logging and graph plotting integration tool.
- support for HyperThreading on Intel Xeon processors.
‘The release of pC-NOVA (v2.0) is a significant milestone in our image generation product line, and our customers will benefit significantly from the enhancements to pC-NOVA,’ said John Quinn, CEO of Aechelon Technology. ‘We are looking forward to formally introducing and demonstrating pC-NOVA (v2.0) at SIGGRAPH this week.’
About Aechelon Technology
Aechelon Technology is a leader in real time computer graphics applications for training, simulation and entertainment markets. The company provides COTS-based, high resolution, multi-channel, geo-specific image generators, OTW and correlated sensor databases and integration services. The company’s image generators are field proven, and are delivered with full logistics support and documentation.
Aechelon Technology is headquartered in San Carlos, CA, has facilities in Madrid, Spain, and is found on the World Wide Web at www.aechelon.com. For further information regarding this press release or Aechelon Technology, please contact:
John Quinn, CEO
Aechelon Technology and pC-NOVA are trademarks of Aechelon Technology, Inc. Any other
trademarks mentioned in this press release are the property of their respective owners.